For over 2,000 years, people have been consuming cannabis and THC seeking a variety of therapeutic effects. As cannabis use becomes more normalized, and studies on the potential benefits of THC (and other cannabinoids) increase, more and more people are choosing to drop their pharmaceuticals in hopes of utilizing the plant’s impressive power for a more balanced life.
Microdosing has been all the rage when it comes to consuming psychoactive substances like mushrooms and LSD. But lately, we are seeing a rise in people looking to educate themselves on the potential benefits of microdosing products made from THC. If you’re new to consuming cannabis, have had negative experiences with THC in the past, or are interested in exploring the benefits of cannabis without the buzz, microdosing might be just what the doctor ordered.
This guide breaks down the key points of microdosing. Including what it is, the benefits of low-dose consumption, and some pro-tips for microdosing Meele Dose products if you’re wanting to try them out.
What Is Microdosing?
The term “microdosing” has been gaining traction in the cannabis space, but what does it actually mean in regard to cannabis products? In short, microdosing means you’re choosing a “less is more” approach to cannabinoid consumption. When you microdose cannabis and THC, the goal is to treat yourself to the lowest dose necessary, to feel the potential effects of the product. Often, these small doses are taken throughout the day, as opposed to taking a single higher-THC dose all at once.
This practice of consuming small amounts of cannabis products helps people reach a variety of goals, including testing out new products and kickstarting a tolerance break when needed. Although microdosing might be beneficial for all types of consumers, it is most commonly used with medical patients in search of potential benefits, like pain management, without the high.
Benefits Of Microdosing Cannabis & THC?
We discussed what microdosing is, but why are so many people taking interest in microdosing cannabis and THC products in general? Several potential benefits to microdosing THC products (like Delta-8, Delta-9, and Delta-10) include:
- Making products more accessible to beginners and those with lower tolerances.
- Allowing people to find the “sweet spot,” or perfect dose, for their specific needs.
- Allowing the potential effects of a product to be felt throughout the day, instead of for a shorter period of time. Smaller doses might also lead to more balanced effects, with less chance for a noticeable “come-down.”
- Helping people avoid unwanted psychoactive effects (like paranoia and anxiety), while still potentially experiencing relief.
What’s The Best Amount For Microdosing?
Truthfully, there isn’t a “one-size-fits-all” method for microdosing cannabis and THC. Everyone’s body is different, and a variety of factors determine how much of a substance/product a person will need to feel the effects. Due to this, finding the right dose for microdosing can sometimes feel like a challenge. But, if you hang in there and keep an open mind, you may be surprised by the results.
As we mentioned, the “perfect” microdose varies from person to person, and product to product. Factors that can determine how low, or high, of a dose you’ll need to feel notable effects might include:
- Your history of cannabis use.
- Your tolerance to cannabinoids like THC
- Your metabolism
- Your genetics
- Food/drinks/other substances in your body at the time of consumption
- The potency of the product being consumed
Ultimately, the goal of microdosing is to find the lowest possible dose of a product that will allow you to potentially feel the most beneficial effects— without the high. For some people, 1-2.5mg of THC can be a good place to start. Others may find more success with a 5mg-10mg dose.
Where To Start? Pro-Tips For Microdosing Cannabis & THC
If you are new to microdosing, it is important to choose a product that you can easily control (and monitor) how much THC you’re consuming at a time. Some pro tips from our experts in microdosing include:
- Be reserved in your dose. Start low, and give yourself time for the potential effects to kick in before consuming more.
- Set a timer and/or keep a journal to track the potential effects of each dose. Being aware of, and in tune with, your body is important for any microdosing journey to be successful.
- Consistency is key. Try to stay on a schedule when starting a new microdosing regime. It may take a few doses to really feel the potential effects.
- When you find a product that works, stick to it and similar products for potentially guaranteed results.
- Over time, your tolerance might change and you may need to increase dosing. Increase your dose in small and steady increments until you find your new “sweet spot.” Repeat as needed. If tolerance gets too high, consider taking a tolerance break.
When trying new products from Melee Dose, we recommend starting with one dose (or half a dose) and increasing from there. Luckily, all of our products come with recommended doses and additional potency and serving info to help make things easier for our customers. Because there are many different types of products (edibles, concentrates, etc.…) we like to lay it all out so you know exactly what you’re getting, every time.
What’s The Best Product For Microdosing?
You know from this article that the dose of cannabis and THC you’re taking is important. But did you know your method of consumption matters as well? Let’s take a look at some of the most popular products for microdosing cannabis and different forms of THC.
- Edibles – THC-infused edibles, like gummies, are most commonly used for microdosing because you can easily determine how many cannabinoids are being consumed with each bite. THC Gummies are easy to hide and usually taste better than tinctures as well, making them a go-to choice for people who need to microdose on the go.
- Vape Cartridges (Vapes, Vape Carts) – Vape pens are another popular product for microdosers to consider. This type of product is often looked at as the easiest to microdose because the effects can be felt almost immediately. This makes it really easy to take the “start low and go slow” approach. Simply inhale a small amount, gauge how you feel, and increase the dose (or re-dose) as needed.
- Tinctures – Cannabis-based tinctures are some of the most common products used for microdosing THC. This is because they’re easy to dose, don’t require any special equipment or accessories to use, and can be consumed easily throughout the day.
More Microdosing Questions?
We hope you find this guide to microdosing helpful in a clutch situation. However, if you have any additional questions about microdosing cannabis and THC, our team is happy to help. Melee Dose believes in giving people safe access to premium hemp-derived THC products and the therapeutic powers they have the strong potential to provide.
Our clean, efficient, and knowledgeable team produces some of the cleanest and most potent legal hemp-derived Delta 9 products on the market. Visit our online store to find out more information on products and recommended dosing, without the BS of visiting a dispensary or the need for a medical marijuana card.