Imagine a restless night, tossing and turning in bed, unable to shake off the constant chatter playing in your mind. With each sleepless night, stress and irritability grow, leaving you desperate for a solution. Could Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta-9 THC) be that elusive elixir for rejuvenating slumber?
This article delves into the ins and outs of Delta-9 THC, unraveling its mechanism of action in the body and whether it could be the elusive key to unlocking the door to restful sleep.
Looking for quality Delta-9 products? Check out what we’ve got!
- Delta-9 THC is the main psychoactive compound in cannabis. It binds to the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the endocannabinoid system, which may help regulate sleep.
- Delta-9 THC may help increase the amount of time spent in deep sleep, reduce REM latency, decrease the number of awakenings throughout the night, and reduce rapid eye movement (REM) sleep.
- You shouldn’t take Delta-9 for sleep every day, as it can lead to high tolerance and dependence.
What Does Delta-9 THC Feel Like?
The way Delta-9 feels like depends on an array of factors, including:
- An individual’s body chemistry: Every individual’s body chemistry reacts differently to cannabis. Some factors that may influence how Delta-9 THC affects you include your weight, height, gender, and experience with cannabis.
- The method of consumption: Different methods of consuming Delta-9 will produce different effects. Inhaling from a joint or pipe can produce an immediate effect that lasts a few hours, while edibles can take longer to kick in and last much longer.
- The strain type: When choosing a Delta-9 THC product, it’s important to consider the strain type. Strains with higher levels of CBD may result in a relaxing, calming experience, while strains higher in THC could be more stimulating and energetic.
- The dose: The strength of your Delta-9 THC product will also influence how you feel. Lower doses may lead to a more subtle, less intense experience, while higher doses can be overwhelming.
In general, Delta-9 THC can produce feelings of relaxation, euphoria, and increased creativity. When you take Delta-9 gummies, the feeling will start with a slow onset of relaxation and heightened mood that progresses over time to the peak effects. As the effects start to wind down, it is common to experience a sense of calmness and serenity before eventually returning back to your baseline state.
For some individuals, Delta-9 THC can cause anxiety or paranoia. These effects are more common with higher doses and can be avoided by consuming a small dose and slowly increasing it as you become accustomed to the effects.
Relaxation And Drowsiness
Two of the most common effects associated with Delta-9 THC are relaxation and drowsiness. Relaxation is the feeling of being at ease, which is often beneficial for those suffering from mental stress or physical tension. It occurs when the body releases its natural endorphins, which can help reduce stress and improve mood.
Drowsiness is the feeling of being tired, and it can help individuals with insomnia fall asleep easily. It occurs when the body releases its natural sleeping hormone, melatonin. Melatonin helps regulate sleep and wake cycles, so it can be beneficial for those who struggle with their sleep cycle.
Both drowsy and relaxed feelings can help with sleep, as it is easier to fall asleep when the body is in a calm state. This is because the restful state lowers stress hormones and boosts feel-good endorphins, making sleep easier.
How Long Does A Delta-9 High Last?
When you consume hemp-derived Delta-9 THC, the amount of time the high lasts largely depends on the following:
- The dosage: The biggest determining factor in the duration of your high is how much Delta-9 you consume. Generally, small doses last shorter amounts of time, while larger doses will last longer.
- Your metabolism: It takes your body time to process cannabinoids like Delta-9. If you have a fast metabolism, the effects of Delta-9 will likely be felt for a shorter period of time.
- Your body fat: Fat cells store cannabinoids like Delta-9, which can extend the duration of your high if you have a higher body fat percentage.
- Method of ingestion: If you consume Delta-9 gummies such as the Mutant Gummies Sample Pack or quality vapes such as this 2 Gram Live Resin Disposable Vape, the effects take time to kick in and generally last for four to six hours. If you smoke or vape Delta-9, the effects will be felt more quickly but may only last for a while.
- Strain type: Another factor to consider is the type of Delta-9 strain you are consuming. Some strains contain more powerful terpenes, which can make the effects stronger or last longer.
- Individual tolerance: Your tolerance to Delta-9 can also play a role in the duration of your high. If you have built up a tolerance, the effects may not last as long as someone who is new to cannabis. This can be especially true for experienced smokers who have built up a high tolerance.
How Strong Is Delta-9 THC?
The strength of Delta-9 THC depends on several factors, including:
- The strain: The biggest factor in determining the strength of Delta-9 THC is the strain it was derived from. Strains with high levels of Delta-9 THC tend to produce more noticeable effects and stronger highs than those with lower amounts.
- Growing conditions: The terpenes, which are volatile compounds released by cannabis that contribute to its aroma and flavor, also affect the potency of Delta-9 THC. Growing conditions such as the amount of light, temperature, and watering can all impact the strength of Delta-9 THC in any given strain.
- Harvesting process: The harvesting process also affects Delta-9 THC levels. If the plants are harvested too soon, the Delta-9 THC levels will be lower than if they were harvested at the appropriate time.
- Processing: Processing methods used to extract or concentrate Delta-9 THC can also affect its strength. Different extraction and concentration methods produce different levels of Delta-9 THC.
Generally speaking, Delta-9 THC is the main psychoactive ingredient in cannabis and is responsible for the “high” that users experience. It typically ranges from 10-30% depending on the strain, growing conditions, harvesting process, and processing. The higher the concentration of Delta-9 THC, the more intense its effects will be.
Note that the 2018 Farm Bill legalized hemp-derived products with 0.3% or less of Delta-9 THC on a dry weight basis. Any product containing more than that is classified as marijuana and is federally illegal. Also, states may have their own Delta-9 THC limits, so it’s always a good idea to check your local laws before purchasing or consuming any cannabis product.
Does Delta-9 THC Help You Sleep?
To understand whether Delta-9 THC helps you sleep, let’s look at how this cannabinoid works.
Central to the functioning of Delta-9 THC is the endocannabinoid system (ECS), comprised of cannabinoid receptors (CB1 and CB2), endocannabinoids, and enzymes. Acting as a key, Delta-9 THC fits into these receptors, unlocking the potential to influence an array of physiological processes, including sleep.
The most researched interaction between Delta-9 THC and the ECS centers around the CB1 receptor. Commonly found in the brain and central nervous system, these receptors influence the release of neurotransmitters, which dictate sleep-wake cycles, moods, and appetite, alongside other functions.
Now let’s briefly look at how sleep works. A good night’s sleep is made up of two phases: non-REM (rapid eye movement) and REM sleep. During the non-REM phase, your brain releases calming chemicals called endocannabinoids, such as anandamide, which helps regulate your body’s natural rhythms and keeps it in balance.
Delta-9 THC is believed to interact with the CB1 receptor in a way that mirrors anandamide, making it potentially useful for sleep. In fact, research suggests Delta-9 THC could help improve the quality of sleep by amplifying the effects of endocannabinoids while also helping reduce restless minds and pain associated with insomnia.
How Does Delta-9 Help You Sleep?
Recent studies suggest that Delta-9 THC may play a role in the regulation of sleep-wake homeostasis. By activating the CB1 receptor, Delta-9 THC could potentially enhance the body’s natural sleep regulatory processes, leading to more restorative sleep.
The way Delta-9 works is by promoting a state of relaxation and calming the mind, allowing it to be more conducive to sleep. As an anxiolytic, Delta-9 reduces anxiety and stress, which may prevent someone from achieving restful sleep.
Delta-9 THC also interacts with the endocannabinoid system in the body, which helps to regulate the circadian rhythm. This internal clock helps you fall asleep and stay asleep throughout the night, so it must stay regulated. By stimulating this system with Delta-9, sleep quality and quantity may be improved.
Delta-9 THC also has anti-inflammatory properties which may help to reduce physical discomfort and aches, allowing for a more restful sleep.
Finally, this cannabinoid has been shown to decrease REM sleep latency, meaning it can help you to fall asleep faster and spend less time in the lighter stages of sleep.
These factors combined could make Delta-9 THC an effective tool for improving your quality and quantity of sleep. However, as with any substance, it should be used carefully and responsibly. Speak with your doctor before incorporating Delta-9 THC into your health and wellness routine.
Can You Take Delta-9 Every Day For Sleep?
Even though Delta-9 is known for its calming effects, it should not be taken every day for sleep. This cannabinoid can have adverse effects if used on a daily basis and may lead to dependence or tolerance. It is best to consult your doctor before taking Delta-9 in any form as a sleep aid.
Side Effects Of Delta-9 For Sleep
Just like any other sleep aid, Delta-9 can have side effects if taken in large doses or too frequently. The most common side effects of taking Delta-9 to help with sleep include the following:
- Fatigue: Delta-9 can cause drowsiness and fatigue. This can make it difficult to stay awake during the day, so it is important to be aware of how much Delta-9 you are taking and stop if necessary.
- Headaches: In some cases, headaches can occur after taking Delta-9 for sleep. This is usually a result of the body becoming used to the effects and can be avoided by taking smaller doses.
- Anxiety: Delta-9 may cause anxiety in some people, especially if they are not used to its effects. It is important to be aware of your own reaction when trying Delta-9 for sleep and stop using it if you feel anxious or overwhelmed.
It’s important to weigh the Delta-9 benefits and risks before taking it for sleep. Delta-9 may be a useful tool for helping with sleep, but it is important to remember that it can have negative side effects if taken in large doses or too frequently.
Best Delta-9 Gummies For Sleep
The best Delta-9 gummies are formulated with high-quality, premium ingredients that promote restful sleep and relaxation. For example, these Kiwi – Pink Candy Kush Gummies are made with the highest-grade US-grown hemp and infused with a blend of natural terpenes to provide calming effects that can help put your mind at ease and encourage restful sleep.
The best gummies are also vegan-certified, gluten-free, non-GMO, and made with organic cane sugar for added health benefits. These Grape – Grandaddy Purple Gummies are delicious, grape-flavored delicacies that are highly effective for those with dietary restrictions or allergies.
If you’re looking for something a little different, try these Blue Razz – Runtz Gummies. They are formulated to help you chill with their mood-elevating natural terpenes profile. With their yummy blue raspberry flavor, they’re sure to please even the pickiest taste buds.
These products come in various potencies and sizes to suit any need for help with sleep. Whether you’re just looking for a light relaxation aid or have more serious sleep issues, there is something for everyone.
How Many Delta-9 Gummies Can I Take?
The amount of Delta-9 Gummies you can take will depend on your individual needs. Generally, the recommended dosage is one to two gummies per day. However, if you are taking Delta-9 for sleep support, then it is best to start with one gummy and work up from there as needed.
You can also microdose Delta-9, which is when you take a very small amount of the product spread over the course of a day. This can be especially helpful if you find that taking more than one gummy at once makes you too drowsy or keeps you from getting quality sleep.
It is important to note that everyone’s body chemistry and needs are different, so the dosage of Delta-9 that works best for you may not be the same as someone else. Therefore, it is best to start with a smaller amount and adjust your dosage as needed.
Additionally, Delta-9 should not be taken in combination with other sleep aids or medications unless you have talked to your doctor about it first.
Taking Delta-9 for sleep support can be a great option if you are struggling to get quality sleep. However, it is important to talk to your doctor before trying Delta-9, as it may not be the right option for everyone.
Also, follow all dosage guidelines carefully and understand that Delta-9 can have some side effects and interactions with other medications or supplements. By being aware of these potential issues, you can make an informed decision about whether Delta-9 is the best choice for you.
With careful consideration, Delta-9 may be an effective way to get better rest.
Delta-9 For Sleep: Frequently Asked Questions
Does Delta-9 Gummies Give You The Munchies?
Research shows that cannabinoids can stimulate hunger and cause an increase in appetite. So, if you’re looking for a way to help get your appetite going before bedtime, Delta-9 might be the product for you. Just remember to practice proper portion control!
Is Delta-8 Or 9 Better For Sleep?
It’s hard to say which is better, as so much of it comes down to individual preference and body chemistry. However, Delta-8 produces less of a “high” than Delta-9 and can also produce more calming effects. Therefore, research suggests that Delta-8 could be a better option for sleep without the heavy sedation that can sometimes come with Delta-9.
That said, some people prefer Delta-9 for sleep. This is because Delta-8 is known to build a faster tolerance after repeated use, so users need more Delta-8 to feel the same effects. If you’re looking for something reliable and consistent, stick to Delta-9.
Should I Take Delta-9 Before Bed?
For the best results, it’s generally recommended to start taking Delta-9 about an hour before bed. This will give the product time to take effect and should help you get a better night’s rest.
Does Delta-9 Affect REM Sleep?
Research shows that Delta-9 has a positive effect on REM sleep. It suggests that taking Delta-9 in the evening may improve the quality of your sleep, allowing you to enter into deeper, more restful stages of REM sleep and wake up feeling more refreshed in the morning.